Friday, September 2, 2016

Always Yours Garden Scrapbook Layout


My husband and I recently visited Longwood Gardens, an amazing garden attraction not too far from where we live. Not surprisingly, we came home with a phone and camera full of gorgeous photos. I knew I wanted to scrapbook as many as possible. We had so many pictures, and choosing just one or a few 4x6ers to highlight on a page can be a tough decision-making process!




Although I tend towards mini albums, I wanted to capture this day on a single layout. So I opted to print several photos at 2x3 size and organize them into a grid. I had a few more printed that didn't make the final cut. It's key to make sure that your photos complement each other in colors and styles, especially when they are side by side. The neon-pink zinnias, although lovely, wouldn't quite work with the tones of this page.



The elegant neutral palette and delicate floral details of the Always Yours collection made it a natural choice to scrapbook the memories of this day. I cut patterned papers to fill out the photo grid, adding little sticker details here and there.



I also folded paper then tucked photos and messages inside to create doors and windows. It's a fun and easy way to add dimension to your pages.

How do you fit several photos on one layout? What ways are you using the Always Yours collection? We'd love to hear from you!

Happy crafting,
Stephanie

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover