Thursday, July 7, 2016

Part II: 30th Birthday Mini Album with Florets


I'm a firm believer that it's never too late to scrapbook an event. In fact, I'm still working on my wedding album, and my husband and I have been married for three years! ...but that's a story for another day ;) You may remember I shared this Florets collection mini album project with you a few months ago. I'm plugging away on the pages, so I thought I'd share a few more spreads today:



If you have a vertical photo, don't be afraid to flip the whole book! I love creating vertical spreads because they're unexpected. I used the "HELLO" banner stickers included with the Florets collection pack to create a page title, "HELLO FLORIDA!" -- another fun twist on your typical use of sentiment stickers. By the way, doesn't that big, bright yellow flower look so tropical? I think it perfectly complements the beachy, girly look.



The next spread is all about birthday fun, so I threw in a few favorites from the new Sprinkles collection and last year's summer Sunshine Lemonade collection. Don't feel like you have stick with one collection when you're making an album... I love mixing and matching coordinating elements from different collections to add variety to my scrapbook pages.



Doesn't that Key Lime Pie look delicious? In mini albums, photo space is precious, and it often doesn't make sense to have a full-page photo for a detail shot. Simply use a larger shape punch to create inset photos.

I'll be sharing more of this album in the coming months. Do you tend to complete one album at once or do you work on many projects at the same time like me? Leave a comment letting us know!

Happy crafting,
Stephanie

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover